Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is Company’s commitment to its stakeholders for a common social goal that demonstrates its commitments by adoption of appropriate strategies and projects especially to align with the business of the Company in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner
Stakeholders of Cochin International Aviation Services Limited (CIASL) include persons directly connected with the activities of CIASL, its employees, shareholders, investors, business partners, clients, customers, Government & Non-Government organizations, NGOs, local communities and local self- governments.
2. Objective of CSR Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility of CIASL is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. Therefore, the policy will function as a built- in, self-regulating mechanism whereby the business will monitor and ensure its active compliance with the spirit of law, ethical standards and international norms.
The main objective of the Policy is to establish the basic principles and the general framework of action for the management to undertake and fulfil its corporate social responsibility.
3. Committee of CSR
The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR Committee) is the governing team that will frame the scope of CSR activities of the Company and ensure compliance with the approved CSR Policy.
Pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013, a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board consisting of three or more Directors, out of which at least one Director shall be an Independent Director.
The committee will meet at least once in a year.
In accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act 2013, the Board of Directors of CIASL has constituted a subcommittee of Directors called CSR Committee with the following members:
||Name of the members
||(Member - Independent)
||Saji K George
||Santhosh J Poovattil
4. Role of CSR Committee
The role of CSR Committee is;
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the company as specified in Schedule VII of Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013.
- To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the specified activities in a financial year
- To monitor the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of the company from time to time.
- To recommend the Board on the guiding principles for selection, implementation and monitoring of CSR activities.
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, an Annual CSR Action Plan in pursuance of its CSR policy
Any other matter/thing as may be considered expedient by the members in furtherance of and to comply with the CSR Policy of the Company.
5. Role of Board of Directors
- The Board shall constitute a CSR Committee consisting of three or more Directors out of which at least one Director shall be an Independent Director.
- Approve CSR policy of the company
- Disclose the contents of the Company CSR Policy in the Report of the Board Directors.
- Ensure placing of the contents of the CSR Policy on the website of the Company
- Ensure that CSR policy is implemented
- Disclose the composition of CSR Committee in the Report of Board of Directors
- Disclose about the CSR policy and its implementation in Report of the Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall endeavour that the Company spends 2% of the average pre-tax net profits of the Company made during the 3 immediately preceding financial years in pursuance of its CSR Policy
Funding & Allocation
For achieving its CSR objectives through implementation of meaningful & sustainable CSR programmes, the Company will allocate 2% of its average net pr